All week I’ve had the song “Getting to Know You” stuck in my head from “The King and I.” In honor of that wonderful song, I decided to whip up a list of ten things you might not know about me.
- I used to hate to run, but now I love it.
- When I go on runs, I mainly listen to movie soundtracks. They make me feel like an epic superhero and keep me charged through the end of the workout.
- I get way too attached to fictional characters in books, movies and TV shows.
- I am easily startled so please don’t sneak up on me!
- I love doing things by myself. I enjoy hanging out with other people, but there’s something nice about taking yourself to a restaurant or just spending the evening alone. Solitude is wonderful.
- I used to work for a pet store in college. Never again! I love animals, but having dogs bark in my ears all day long is not my dream job.
- Every morning, I try to wake up with a heart full of gratitude. I do this by listing at least 3 things I’m thankful for.
- I want to be a young adult and romance writer. I take a little time every day to work toward this goal.
- I used to weigh about 200 pounds in college. I’ve lost around 40 pounds and am still working toward my goal weight.
- I take great pride in my home and my domestic skills. I love knitting, cooking, and baking in particular. Sewing is something I’ve always had a fondness for, so my parents got me a sewing machine for Christmas. I’m super excited to try it out!
What are some things other people might not know about you? Leave a comment below!